What is Workplace Lung Function Testing?
Good Health is Good Business.
Occupational asthma and many other forms of workplace based lung / pulmonary / breathing problems are preventable by wearing masks and respirators when exposed to respiratory hazards.
But how can you be sure that the masks and respirators are being used correctly and appropriately by your employees? This can only be determined if each employee completes an annual lung function test.
Spirometry (which means the measuring of breath) is the most common test of lung function. Spirometry is widely used in New Zealand to test the lungs of employees exposed to respiratory hazards, which could include fumes, particulate dusts, solvents, and dangerous airborne particles.
Some industries where employees are particularly at risk include panel beaters, manufacturing plants, boat builders, woodworkers, spray painters, chemical and fertilizer products.
The Risks of Silica Exposure for Workers
Six Compelling Benefits of Workplace Lung Function Tests For Your Business
Why Choose Working Health?
- While lung function testing is a quick and simple test, poor test performance and lack of insight into test interpretation can negate its benefits.
- Our lung function tests are performed in accordance with the internationally recognized ATS/ERS standards (American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society).
- We use the latest technology to perform your employee lung function tests.
- Our lung function tests help you to comply with the “Approved Code of Practice for the Safe use of Isocyanates” and “Workplace Exposure Standards".
- We can conduct on-site lung function tests for your employees with minimal disruption and costs for your business.
"We have engaged Alison and her team at Working Health as part of our health and wellbeing program for a number of years now. We’ve always found her to be proactive around our needs. She is a delight to work with and our team always enjoy her warm and professional approach."
"We will definitely continue to use Working Health for our health assessments in the future, and would highly recommend Alison to any other business. From our first interaction through to the completion of the process, we found Alison to be professional, friendly, reliable, efficient and thorough."