We Are Taking Bookings For The 2019 Flu Vaccine Season
From 2019, the Annual Influenza Immunisation Programme will have a fixed start date of 1 April. In previous years the programme started as soon as the influenza vaccine became available, generally by early March. The change to a fixed start date of 1 April is intended to ensure that the vaccine remains as effective as possible during the peak incidence of influenza, which in recent years has occurred in late winter. For further information, see the Ministry of Health Policy Statement
The World Health Organisation has recommended the following strains for the 2019 southern hemisphere flu season. There are two strain changes from the 2018 southern hemisphere vaccine:
- A/Michigan/45/2015-like virus
- A/Switzerland/8060/2017-like virus (Strain change)
- B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus (Strain change)
- B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
Why Choose Working Health?
It would be easy to think that all workplace vaccination programs are the same. However, while the flu vaccines themselves are very similar, choosing a quality provider can make a large difference to your experience, time spent coordinating, and overall costs. The Working Health Influenza vaccination program includes the following benefits:
- Nationwide service: Working Health offers workplace flu vaccinations throughout New Zealand.
- Convenient on-site service: We provide all vaccines at your workplace, thereby reducing downtime for your company.
- Promotional materials are provided at no additional cost: Items such as consent forms, posters and brochures are provided for staff education and information.
- Flu vaccination vouchers: For those employees who are away from the office on the day of the vaccination clinic. These vouchers are redeemable at GP and A&E clinics nationwide.
- Quick, efficient and professional service: All vaccinations are undertaken by experienced registered nurses who are certified vaccinators, authorised by the Medical Officer of Health.
- Easy to use online booking system: Staff members can book their own appointments during the vaccination session.
- All our vaccinators are emergency nurses and carry NZRC (New Zealand Resuscitation Council) level 4 certification. In the event of an allergic reaction, you can be rest assured that your staff member is in safe and experienced hands.
- A dedicated project manager for your company: To ease and manage the process for you.
- Flexible booking options: To suit your employee requirements (for example, covering day and night shifts).
- A first aider for the vaccination session: Only required if your company does not have a first aider available on site.
- Very competitive pricing.
Why Is A Flu Vaccine For Your Employees Important?
Your employees can receive a flu vaccine at your workplace, which will help them avoid suffering the effects of influenza. On average, people who get flu shots are 40% more likely to stay healthy over the winter months, according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention). The flu vaccine is, therefore, a powerful and proven method to reduce workplace absenteeism and increase productivity over the winter months. The video link covers the questions that most people ask about the flu vaccine. You may like to share this video with your staff members to help them understand how the flu vaccine works and the importance of being vaccinated each year.
Here's What Some Of Our Clients Have To Say:
We were extremely impressed with the friendly and professional approach taken by Working Health in the vaccination of our Auckland and Christchurch offices. They took the stress and administration out of ensuring the flu vaccination was accessible to as many staff as possible, and provided an excellent service to our employees on the day. It was a pleasure to work with Alison and her team and we look forward to doing it all again next year.
We have used Alison at Working Health to organise our flu vaccinations for Blind Foundation.
She provides a great service - timely in response, very helpful, and made the whole process very easy for our staff.
We received brilliant service from Working Health; quick responses to emails, easy to use booking system, and all the staff were happy with the service they received on the vaccination day. They were very helpful with sorting out vaccinations and vouchers for our other offices around the country. We would happily have Working Health provide vaccinations for our organisation again.