Why Is A Flu Vaccine For Your Employees Important?
Your employees can receive a flu vaccine at your workplace, which will help them avoid suffering the effects of influenza.
On average, people who get flu shots are 40% more likely to stay healthy over the winter months, according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention).
The flu vaccine is, therefore, a powerful and proven method to reduce workplace absenteeism and increase productivity over the winter months.
The video link below covers the questions that most people ask about the flu vaccine.
You may like to share this video with your staff members to help them understand how the flu vaccine works and the importance of being vaccinated each year.
The 2018 Flu Vaccine
The flu vaccine for 2018 has changed; it now includes protection against two new strains of the flu.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations for the 2018 southern hemisphere influenza season are as follows:
- An A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
- An A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 (H3N2)-like virus; and (NEW)
- A B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (NEW)
- A B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus
The Ministry of Health is funding the 4-strain (quadrivalent) flu vaccination this year.
For this reason, Working Health will only be offering the 4-strain vaccine for the 2018 season.
We anticipate the flu vaccine will be available in mid March 2018 and we are taking bookings now.
Why Choose Working Health? Key Benefits:
It would be easy to think that all vaccination programs are the same. However, while the flu vaccines themselves are very similar, choosing a quality provider can make a large difference to your experience, time spent coordinating, and overall costs.
Working Health’s workplace flu vaccine program includes the following key benefits:
- Convenient on-site service: We provide all vaccines at your workplace, thereby reducing downtime for your company.
- Easy to use online booking system: Staff members can book their own appointments during the vaccination session.
- Promotional materials are provided: Items such as consent forms, posters and brochures are provided for staff education and information.
- Flu vaccination vouchers: For staff members who are unable to attend the scheduled vaccination sessions. These vouchers are redeemable at GP and A&E clinics nationwide.
- Quick, efficient and professional service: All vaccinations are undertaken by experienced registered nurses who are certified vaccinators, authorised by the Medical Officer of Health.
- All our vaccinators are emergency nurses and carry NZRC (New Zealand Resuscitation Council) level 4 certification. In the event of an allergic reaction, you can be rest assured that your staff member is in safe and experienced hands.
- A dedicated project manager for your company: To ease and manage the process for you.
- Flexible booking options: To suit your employee requirements (for example, covering day and night shifts).
- A first aider for the vaccination session: Only required if your company does not have a first aider available on site.
- Very competitive pricing.
Here's What Some Of Our Clients Have To Say:
We were extremely impressed with the friendly and professional approach taken by Working Health in the vaccination of our Auckland and Christchurch offices. They took the stress and administration out of ensuring the flu vaccination was accessible to as many staff as possible, and provided an excellent service to our employees on the day. It was a pleasure to work with Alison and her team and we look forward to doing it all again next year.
We have used Alison at Working Health to organise our flu vaccinations for Blind Foundation.
She provides a great service - timely in response, very helpful, and made the whole process very easy for our staff.
We received brilliant service from Working Health; quick responses to emails, easy to use booking system, and all the staff were happy with the service they received on the vaccination day. They were very helpful with sorting out vaccinations and vouchers for our other offices around the country. We would happily have Working Health provide vaccinations for our organisation again.